The lifeline consists of representing on the time axis the positive and negative milestones of your life path, characterised by high or low energy.
SUMMITS (High Energy): Pleasure/enthusiasm/success/expansion/satisfaction
VALLEYS (Low Energy): quieter times/reflection/introspection/seeking 'better'.
PUT INTO PRACTICE
Drawing up your lifeline requires a great deal of mental and psychological availability. Know how to let go in order to better return to it. Be patient, honest and very kind to yourself so that your lifeline is authentic.
On your timeline below.
- Intuitively place 15 to 20 specific professional or personal events:
o this concerns your work, your social life, certain encounters, love, hobbies, certain studies, training, spiritual quests or others...
o key milestones or moments, that you remember with precision and to which you associate strong feelings.
o Key professional changes, positive or negative.
- In the form of a point (one-off event) or level (lasting stage) that you define.
- Above or below your horizontal line, depending on the energy intensity of these events,
- With different colours according to the type of professional or personal event.
- Connect the dots or stages to draw a curve.
EXAMPLE OF EXERCISES
Look at your curve as a whole and spot the ascendances, the valleys, the recurring cycles, and the interactions between the different areas of life.
- Overall, who decides on the change? You or an external element that imposes itself on you? What drives you to change? (Encounters, boredom, disappointment, anger,...)
- Where do you get your motivation to stay in a job? What are your key factors of satisfaction? How do you renew your energy reserves? What is your strategy for getting back on track?
- What are the beliefs that guide your choices? Are you satisfied with these mechanisms, or do you want to change from now on?
- Future: Based on what you have learned from this exercise, how would you like your lifeline to evolve in the next 5 years? What would enable you to achieve your goals?
- What are your goals and the decisions you want to make?