As the English meaning of the word "feedback" suggests, feedback enables effective communication and represents information that feeds the person. With that :
- Positive feedback develops self-awareness and therefore confidence in one's strengths.
- Improvement feedback opens up new avenues for progress.
The benefits of good feedback for the recipient are
- Becoming aware of the effect of one's behaviour or words.
- To feel recognised by receiving signs of recognition.
- Identify, if necessary, how to adjust one's words or actions in order to improve.
- Enrich the relationship with the other person.
To be effective, it is important that feedback is :
- Focused on actions and not on the person