This page may be shared internally to explain the functionality of Coachello.
We tried to make this manual as complete as possible, but if it doesn’t answer all your questions: we are just a ping away 🏓
Onboarding video (5 min)
Coachello is the first integrated coaching platform and helps the talents of its clients grow, feel more engaged, and be happier. Coachello its international team is based in Paris and works with over 250+ talented international coaches around the world.
Coachello is your place for personal development. Through our application integrated within Slack and Teams you may find resources & exercises, ask advice from an external coach, assess your strengths and challenges, and book 1:1 coaching sessions.
- Work with a Coach: Work with a certified professional coach to reach your personal and professional potential. A certified coach can help you identify your challenges, work on them, and help you overcome them. You have a certain number of coaching hours offered by your company. After the allotted sessions you can continue working with your coach with “out of pocket sessions” at a personal cost.
- Get Advice: If you have a one-off question you want to ask a professional coach you can do so through the in-app chat and you will get a direct response from a professional coach. For example, “what’s the best way to give feedback to your manager”, or “the best practices on management”.
- Assessments: Start off with a Whole Person Assessment to find out which areas in your life may use improvements. After identifying your challenges you may choose to work on it - with the help of a coach [COMING SOON: integrated in Slack in MAY ‘22].
- Resources: Learn quick tips and tricks on various well-being and performance issues such as how to prevent burnout, manage stress, and cope with anxiety or depression based on our evidence-based digital programs. You can use these digital programs for in-the-moment support or to build your own toolkit of techniques to improve your mental well-being.
Coaching is a personalised thought-provoking process allowing individuals to obtain tangible and measurable results in their professional or personal life.
It is a collaborative process to help you make important changes in your personal and professional life. Your coach is there to help you figure out how you want to change and the steps you need to take to do so. Your coach’s job is to help you organise your thoughts, emotions, and goals and break things down into smaller steps that create forward movement and growth. The client is the driver of these sessions, while the coach is there to provide reflection, clarity, and accountability.
Training, Mentoring and Therapy are of course useful and can be a good complement to coaching but here is why coaching is the most powerful tool for professional growth.
Coaching versus Training:
Unlike training where the same skills and knowledge are given regardless of the particular person who’s receiving the training, coaching is a personalised, tailor made process. Training does not take into account the personality, values, background, experience, difficulties and strengths of the trainee whereas coaching attaches to finding solutions, awareness and plans of action that are 100% designed to a particular person. Knowledge and skills learnt during training will be tested in the employee's day-to-day professional life who will then be able to come back in a coaching session to work on their obstacles. With a coach they will explore where these difficulties come from in order to find solutions to overcome them and will leave each coaching session with a clear plan of action. This will happen from session to session until all the obstacles are lifted. In the long run, this represents substantial financial savings because the behaviours are changed on the long term.
Coaching versus Mentoring:
A mentor has acquired experience and shares it with a person. A mentor has had to find their own solutions faced with a particular challenge that they have encountered in their lives, particular context and circumstances which may actually be very different from the ones the person being mentored is in. No two situations can ever be exactly the same. It can be useful to benefit from the mentor’s wisdom and experience but their solutions will probably never completely match another person’s particular situation, context, challenges, and do not take into account the person’s values, personality, their own difficulties and strengths. What worked for my mentor may not work for me. Coaching on the contrary attaches to finding the solutions that will be 100% designed for a particular coachee and all the elements cited above that make every person and every situation unique, demanding a unique solution and plan of action.
Coaching versus Therapy:
Unlike therapy, coaching does not dig into the past wounds in a person’s life. Coaching will not ignore them if they come up a session obviously, everything a coachee brings into a session is relevant and will be welcome but the coaching process will take notice of that past wound, acknowledge it but attach to understand how it affects the person NOW and how the person can overcome the negative effects in the FUTURE by applying what concrete actions. Whereas therapy will attach to digging into the person’s past to understand the past, how the neurosis or obstacle was formed notably during childhood and the source of the issue.
Therapy is complementary to coaching and becomes necessary notably when the person is in real psychological distress, in a depressive state. In that case, therapy and medical help becomes necessary in addition to coaching. Our professional coaches will know how to address the potential need for therapy or medical support.
How to prepare for your first sessions
We have a very strict onboarding process that only allows the best coaches to join our community and platform. We are very selective, conduct multiple interviews, so that all the coaches you will find on our platform are truly amazing. The coaches on your company’s page are vetted and have been onboarded on your company profile so they know in what kind of environment you are working.
- All qualified and certified by the International Coaching Federation (ICF) or the European Mentoring and Coaching Council (EMCC)
- Minimum 250+ hours of coaching experience
- Minimum 5 years of an (international) career
- Adhere to Coachello’s deontology of coaching and supervision
- Continuously supervised and monitored
Areas of support
Coaching subjects are unlimited. Everything of which a coachee feels like is their challenge is coachable. A general overview is as follows:
- Career development (career planning, transitions, strengths & values, meaning at work)
- Work environment (life at the (remote) office, professional relationships, feedback & communication, other)
- Job performance (performance review, time management, skills & productivity, rewards)
- Leadership (leadership qualities, management, leadership style, coaching posture, confidence)
- Relationships (colleagues, romantic relationships, family and friends, creating empathy)
- Quality of life (passions, motivation, time management, personal development)
- Confidence (public speaking, self esteem, assertiveness, engaging relationships)
- Stress & Anxiety (stress-management, anxiety, resilience, burn-out prevention)
Choosing your coach
All the coaches on our platform are amazing individuals. They are highly competent, skilled, passionate, certified and can bank on rich careers. We have this selective process in place so that you can ‘blindly’ choose any coach and have a great coaching experience. That being said, we advise the following principles:
1) Number 1 and far-most important: choose a coach based on their personality → 🎥 All our coaches have short videos available on their profile which allow you to get a feeling of their personality and energy. We advise to book a session with the person that gives you the best feeling. You’re about to create a strong bond that will transform you, you might as well do it with a coach that inspires you as a person.
2) Choose a coach which allows you to be coached in your native or bilingual tongue. Language is key in coaching and nuances are important. The more spontaneous you are in your sessions, the more powerful the process will be. Having your sessions in your mother tongue favours spontaneity 🗣
3) Don’t pay too much attention to their specialities. Our coaches are specialised in a process more than a particular field, therefore coaching may be adapted to any subject. Every coach masters this process and can help you on any subject you may have. Please note that you can book your session without have a concrete subject in your mind.
Still can’t find your coach? Write to us per chat (in the Coachello app), chat on the bookings page, or mail: firstname.lastname@example.org for a personalised advice.
Coachello’s app functionalities
In the Coachello app you may:
1) Book a 1:1 coaching session 2) Ask advice from an external coach 3) Access resources / assessments 4) See upcoming sessions: cancel the session / reschedule 5) Review your coach report 6) Follow the Stuck module
Science behind coaching
Yes, coaching is backed by science. There are multiple studies that show that coaching is efficient and powerful to help and transform people for the better. With Coachello we try to make your coaching experience is as excellent and efficient as can be.
Dr. Jarosz - The impact of coaching on the performance and well-being of managers - NB: Dr. Joanna Jarosz is also a coach at Coachello 🤩
The Coachello’s assessment
The objective of this assessment is to help you understand your main challenges and focus areas before starting your coaching.
Coachello’s whole person assessment serves as a check up for your overall performance and wellbeing. You can retake the test to track your progress overtime.
Your assessment score empowers coaches at Coachello to provide you with the best user experience. It enhances the customisation of your coaching experience, which makes it more effective in addressing your specific needs. The data-driven approach keeps up with how you’re doing over time to support you with the tools to improve no matter where your score is at today.
Confidentiality & data protection
All of your sessions and written interactions with the coachello app or your personal coach are 100% confidential. This is part of the coaching deontology. Your employer will only know the amount of sessions you have taken.
- Personalised data will never be shared with third parties
- Personalised data of end-user will not be shared with their employer
- AWS Cloud back-up
- AWS Elastic Disaster Recovery (AWS DRS)
- We use encryption to protect data of our clients
Should I be coached?
It is entirely up to you. We believe that coaching is one of the greatest tools for personal development, but please bear in mind that you should only book a session with a coach if you are willing to work on yourself. The coach is going guide you, help you reflect, but the actual work will be completed by you! If you are ready to work on yourself, then yes, by all means: book a coaching session!
First session preparation
Before your first session, we encourage you to ask yourself a few questions. As with many other aspects of your life, the more effort you put into your coaching, the more you’ll get out of it. These can help guide your initial conversations with your coach.
Don’t take too much time, a few minutes or even seconds to wonder what you would like to work on during your session. Choose challenges that are important to YOU, not your family, not your manager but YOU. This is the guarantee the process will be powerful. The stakes are yours and nobody else’s.
At the time and hour of your session, please join your coach on Google Meets. Should you wish to make any changes to your appointment, please do so within the application where you can reschedule or cancel the session up to 24h before it starts.
Be sure to be in a quiet place that ensures tranquillity for an hour and confidentiality.
First session expectations
During the first session, your coach will kick things off with an introduction to what coaching is and what you can expect during the session, including reviewing confidentiality (nothing you discuss is shared with Coachello or your employer unless you request more support or need crisis resources).
They will then ask you a few questions to better understand what you hope to get out of the coaching experience and what a successful experience would be for you. By setting expectations up front, the coach will be able to better help you identify personal goals and take steps towards achieving them. In subsequent sessions, the coach will follow up on any action items to understand their impact and you will together come up with next steps. The standard coaching session is 60 minutes and takes place over video, usually every two weeks or once a month.
Bear in mind that you are responsible for the successes and results you will get. They will depend on your commitment in the process and your willingness to overcome your challenges.
The coach is responsible for the process and to establish the conditions that will help you thrive in your endeavours but you will be the one to put in the work.
You may at all times change your coach if you believe your current coach is not a good fit.
Finding a good match is extremely important and it is part of the coaching deontology to change coach if you feel like it’s a mismatch. Don’t hesitate. But, once you have a match, stick with your coach, “coach shopping” depending on your challenges is not an efficient way to work on your challenge. Co-creating a trust relationship with one coach to overcome all of your challenges will get you the best results.
In case of mismatch, it’s rare but it may happen, please reach out to Livia, our head of coaching, so she can help you finding your best match: Livia@coachello.io
A coaching session lasts one hour. Breakdown: 55 minutes on coaching and 5 minutes to fill in the coaching report. The coaching report will provide an overview of your session, action points and exercises.
How many sessions?
4 sessions in total
1st session: three-party meeting with your manager
If you would like it, you have the option to invite your manager to the first session for the 30 first minutes of the session. They will give their input and feedback on what you could work on and then leave so that you can go on finding your coaching goal alone with your coach
This is not mandatory so please don’t hesitate booking your first session with your coach even without your manager.